Story

  It was about 6.00a.m. and Teresa and I had already been at the port. It was her first time to

travel by boat. Our destination was Madrid and I had been looking for that day, for AGES!

As I checked that we had got it all, I tried to help Teresa to pull up some courage. She was

anxious and, in the meanwhile, nervous. At 7.30 o’clock the boat was there. It took us 30 minutes for

the check in, but, eventually, at 8.00 o’clock we had been sitting on the ship’s comfortable seat. The

trip had begun!!!

I was so excited! I couldn’t wait the moment that we would wonder around the streets of

Madrid! I opened a snack as the trip was about 4 hours. Teresa asked me to go outside the deck and

take some photos. That was a good sign, that she was eventually comfortable. We went out and

took some awesome photos. As we were looking at them, suddenly, a big seabird, grabbed my

phone.

-Oh noo!! I screamed

-I should follow it!

-Wait Mariaa! Said Teresa

I followed it until the end of the deck and then I couldn’t do something…

Ι was about to cry! All my photos, my memories, my phone, was stolen…by a seabird?! While I was

thinking about what excuse to say to my mother and what it was waiting me at home when I would

come back, Teresa said to me:

-Look Maria! The bird! Is on the sea!

-Where?

-There!

-OK! Just hold my hat and my shoes, I said

She tried to prevent me, but I didn’t listen…I jumped into the sea. It was cold, as it was

winter, but I wouldn’t give up to save my phone. I thought that the bird was close, but it was not as

close as I thought… It took me over than 5 minutes to reach it. I grabbed it from its neck and I

realized that it wasn’t the bird I was looking for… ‘’Oh my god’’ I said to myself.

I gave up and as I turned my head to see the boat, I realized that it had gone!

I tried not to panic and make happy thoughts, such as that if I would stay there I would stay away

from my punishment about losing my phone, but nothing helped… I started crying… I couldn’t do

something better.

I shouted and shouted but NO ONE heard me. No one came to help me! Neither Teresa!

I waited a long and suddenly, I heard someone shouting:

Maria! Maria! Maria!

Oh yes! It was her!

I swam towards her slowly, as I was tired but she started screaming:

-Look! A whale! Quickly!


I tried to speed up, I wanted to save my life and not die because of a whale!

The whale was behind me all the time of my effort to reach the rope…Oh god, it was short and I

couldn’t touch it!!

-Don’t worry, we are here for you! You’ll live!

Do you believe that I was convinced? Teresa is always trying to encourage me by lies.

Suddenly, I felt something behind me…I turned and I saw it! It was the whale!

I fainted and from then and after I don’t know what happened.

I woke up and when I opened my eyes, I saw Teresa above me.

-What’s going on?

-Everything is alright, you just fainted because you saw the ‘’whale’’ that it was just a harmless

dolphin that wanted to help you. As you know, dolphins are always helpful and useful on saving

lives.

-Aa…okey…

I stood up and what did I see?! MY HOME! Teresa took me back at home! Not only I lost my

vacations, but also my phone and mum- fortunately- didn’t know something about it yet, but she

was about to ask! And this moment had come…

-Maria, are you okey now?

-Yes mum!

-Thanks to Teresa, you are alive!

-Yes, I know..

-Why are you so sad?

-I should tell you something.

-Before you tell my anything, I want to tell you something…I bought you a new smartphone! I

wanted to give it to you after your arrival at home, but you came back, so I gave It to you now…

-Oh mum, thanks!

-Oh no problem! So, what do you want to say me?

-Eh…I just want to say you that I am happy to be alive..!

-Oh okey! Are you sure that you don’t want to say me anything else?

-Yes! Sure! I said relieved…

She never learnt about my lost phone! But….what did Teresa said to mum and how did she

explain that I fell into the sea?!


MARIA KYRIMI

Comments