A Story

     On the 12 th of May in 2021, my sister and I had our 10 th
birthday. It was a very special year because number ten has
two symbols and my sister and I are twins. So I find it a lucky
number.
    In the morning, my parents made us a delicious
breakfast and then it was time to show us our birthday
presents. They gave us a phone that was so useful and a lot
of clothes. But, while I was sitting in the sofa and was
watching tv, my sister hugged me and told me ‘‘Happy
birthday! This present is for you’’.
    It was a nice, colourful book. I thanked her, but I
remembered that I hadn’t bought her a present. I was
thinking what to do. After five minutes, I told her the truth.
But, all of a sudden, she surprisely said to me: ‘‘ Why have I
an apple watch then?’’
    I understood what happened. My mother was planning
to buy my sister a present, because she knew that I would
forget it. Finally, she did it! So, I told my sister that I was
joking and that I bought her the present. She believed me!
What a silly day!

DIMITRA KYRIMI

Comments